Monday, November 11, 2013

Glass Tile Pendants - Altered Glass Tiles from Home Improvement Store

Textured Glass Tile Pendants!







These colorful and unique pendants were made from altered glass tiles from the home improvement store. The tiles are embellished with a raised and textured grid pattern. The tiles have been painted with acrylic paints. The tile measures 1 7/8 x 1/2 inches. A recycled silver colored metal nut is attached as a bail. I used glossy accents as my glue. First attaching the nut and letting the glue dry overnight. The next day I added more glossy accents around the base of the nut to reinforce the hold.

There are so many ways you could alter one of these tiles. Let your imagination fly free with this project!

♥ Wendy


2 comments:

Chris said...

Hi Wendy, I love the glass tile pendant necklaces. If I were still making jewelry I would certainly make these to sell in my Boutique. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

Wendy said...

Hi Chris,
Thank you for your kind comments. The pendants are fun and easy to make. Once you get started you can't stop, lol! I will certainly see what goodies you have on your blogger. Have a good day!
Wendy