Saturday, June 9, 2012

Old Skool Tattoo Card

6 x 6 Card

I created this card with a sketch from Smeared & Smudged . Using the desired layout, I layered coordinating scrapbook papers to create my card background.

My skull tattoo image is a digi from Smeared Ink. I colored the image with MS Paint and chalks. To give the card texture I added a piece of white fabric trim and pleated one of the background papers. All the paper layers and the fabric bow also add texture and depth to the project. I added some "sparkle" with glitter and red gemstones.

Top Tip Tuesday TIP: You can add some texture and dimension to your project by pleating paper.

I hope you like my card. I am entering it in the following challenges:

Bunny Zoe's - #24 anything goes
Corrosive Challenge - #150 not too shabby
Top Tip Tuesday - #78 Sparkles + Tip
Smudgy Antics - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp and Show - show texture

Please check out the beautiful artwork by the DT on these sites and the projects submitted. You may be inspired to try a challenge yourself!

10 comments:

Lisa Minckler said...

Oh my gosh, that does look like a tattoo! Super job on this and I love the sparkles and the bow in the 'hair' :)

Thank you so much for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday!
Remember you can enter up to 3 projects and 3 tips.
Have a great one!
Lisa xx

Monique's art said...

love the bow you added to the skyll, awesome card, great colors, thanks for sharin at Smudgy Antics

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

I love what you did to the guy he looks fabulous.I think you had fun with this.
hugs,
susan s.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card and LOVE the tip too! I have added your (TIP) for you too! hugs Samantha Top Tip Tuesday xx

I Don't Do Straight said...

Great card..... love the little bow makes it a more girly tattoo :)
Thanks for joining us at Smudgy Antics this week :)

Sarah said...

very unusual and a great combination of elements...Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show! Sarah.

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

great pleated paper detail with this great sketch, Thank you for sharing with us at Smudgy Antics this week

~Lady B~ said...

Fabulous tattoo card! Great coloring of the image and I like the added touches of the bow and sparkly bling on the flowers. Thanks for sharing with Smudgy Antics :)

Caroljenks said...

What a great card and thanks for sharing your Top Tip with us over at Top Tip Tuesday - a perfect way to add some dimension and interest :)

Carol x

Deneen said...

Great card, love the sparkles and pleated paper. Thanks for joining the Sparkles Galore Challenge at Top Tip Tuesday.