Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Bloody Valentine - Day Two


Blog Roll




For Day Two of the Bloody Valentine Hop, I created an ATC. I used the Quoth the Raven Rubber Stamps from Smeared Ink for my images. Edgar is stamped on a dryer sheet and the heart is stamped on Crayola Magic. This was the first time I used this type of clay for stamping and the image was good but I lost a lot of details when I painted the heart black. It did not wipe off and "antique" the way clay would have. The blood is red nail polish.

I hope you are enjoying the hop. Please beat it to Lady B's blog next.

I am entering this ATC in the following challenges:

Smudgy Antics - heart ATC
Smeared & Smudged - Junk Funk Challenge
Creepie Cute - my creepy valentine
Craft Us Crazy - #36 use a cutting machine
Incy Wincy - add texture

~playing with my paper whims~Wendy


15 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Great image to use on your ATC, lovely quirky feel to this piece and I love the text. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x x

Unknown said...

How interesting! I have never seen the dryer sheet used before, I love how it takes the stamp - I can't wait to try this technique. Thanks for sharing and joining in on Incy Wincy's Texture Challenge.

Trudy
Guest DT

Jo Nevill said...

Great ATC !
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge this week.

Hugs,

Jo x

Monique's art said...

brilliant looks awesome

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

I love this project dryer sheets are most difficult for me!
susan s

ike said...

OMGoodness - how brilliant is that ?!!!! Fantastic stamping on that drier sheet.... I never would have thought of that. ! AWESOME xxxx

Sandy said...

I really liked that you used unusual materials for your ATC. Very clever and very creative!

Andrea C said...

Very arty, love it. x

Shelley said...

Gorgeous!! stamping on a dryer sheet...just genius! Love it, thanks for playing along with us at Smudgy antics xxx

~Lady B~ said...

Absolutely brilliant! I love your use of the dryer sheet and that black heart along with Poe's image is perfect! Totally awesome ATC! Thanks for playing along with us at Smudgy Antics :)

Vee Cassidy said...

This is great I love the effect. Vee xx

KristyLee said...

Brilliant ATC!! Love the heart! and your use of a dryer sheet! Thanks for sharing your talents w/ us at Smudgy Antics!
Peace,
Kristy
(SA DT)

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

you did great with this for the green and smudgy antics thanks so much for playing with us.
susan s

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

I actually like the black heart :) Thank you for sharing with us at Smudgy Antics xx

blackdragon said...

Now this atc i really do like... and you used a dryer sheet... GREAT!
Thanks so much Wendy for sharing with us at Smudgy antics this week. Dont forget... if you'd like to trade this ATC just leave us a comment in the comments section.... of cause you dont have to trade.... no worries Love BDx