Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Going Batty Domino Assemblage



Check out the 15 days of half-o-ween at DominoArts this month. I created a Domino Assemblage piece for my half-o-ween project. It was so much fun!





I used a domino sized image from the Gecko Galz Spooky Jewels collection for my bat image. It is glued to an antique brown wooden domino I picked up at a garage sale. The "display stand" consists of two large dice and two poker chips. The bat is a Tim Holtz rubber stamp from the Halloween Blueprint collection. The bat is embellished with glitter, three golden half pearls and three sequins. I added some color with chalks and colored pencils.

I am entering this mixed media piece in the following challenges:

Haunted Design House - #166 Stephen King nightmare (bats)
Creative Card Crew - #35 bling
Cute Card Thursday - #267 fly with me
Paper Crafting Journey - anything goes
Left of Center - #5 loc
Glitter-n-Sparkle - #31 anything goes
Make my Monday - anything that flies

♥ Wendy



11 comments:

Creepy Glowbugg said...

Very unique and oh, so cool! Love it! I really must acquire that bat stamp! Thanks so much for playing with us at HDH this week!

DonnaMundinger said...

Whoa Wendy! this is WAY cool! Been dying to mess with dominoes and I love your bat theme. thanks for sharing with HDH. xxD

Cazro said...

Oh Wow! Very artistic and clever creation for something flying. hanks for sharing with us at Make My Monday. Caz DT

Angelique said...

Verry creative and unique.
Thank you for joining us at Creative Card Crew

Huggsss,Angelique
EngelDesignsScrap

I Don't Do Straight said...

Love the bat stamp! cool piece, Thanks for sharing with us at Haunted Design House :)

Laine said...

Such an unusual and unique project. Thank you for joining us at PCJ and sharing your project.
Laine

Rossella said...

Wow this is wonderful, thanks for sharing it at Make My Monday this week,
Rosie x

Andrea C said...

Very different project and wonderful work. Thanks for sharing with us at Haunted Design House x

mark gould said...

Wow, the bat is jaw droppingly cool, I love the layering of the two different stamps.and such a unique creation, thanks for joining us at hdh x

Cathy L. Calamas said...

Half-o-weenie, that is too funny!! I love this piece, super creative. Thx for stopping by my blog, too.

Suzi B said...

Wow super creation. Thank you for joining us at MMM
Suzi B x