Friday, July 26, 2013

Be Inspired by Reading Bookmark/Tag


I used a digital stamp from Smeared Ink to make this large tag/bookmark. This lovely lady is from the Specimen Jar Collection. Check it out...

I colored the image with colored pencils and blended with mineral spirits. The dress form is an empty pop can that I embossed with a spider web folder and then cut out with my sizzix machine. I painted the metal black and then went over it with a dry baby wipe to get the texture to show up. This is the first time I have used my sizzix for this type of crafting. The ideas are spinning now!

The tag is embellished with a metal word tag, a butterfly from my Dover collection and various ribbons and fibers.

I am entering this tag/bookmark in the following challenges:

Smudgy Antics - add metal
The Octopode Factory - literature related
Incy Wincy - book related
Paper Makeup Stamps - #98 color a digi
Cheerful Stamp Pad - #65 tag

♥ Wendy

6 comments:

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

This is marvelous. I love this tag! how brilliant. Beautiful art. Thank you for joining us at Smudgy antics this challenge.
susan s

Shelley said...

beautiful Wendy! love the colours of it, thank you for playing along with us at Smudgy Antics xx

Krisha said...

Wonderful tag! Thanks for playing along with The Cheerful Stamp Pad

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

A beautiful bookmark, so colourful, it will be hard to lose your page with this lighting the way. Thank you for sharing your art with us at Smudgy Antics

Ardilla said...

Nice color combo, great coloring!!!
Thanks for joining us this week at Digi Makeover.
Hugs,
Ardilla :)

Vicki Romaine said...

Wendy,
I love all the elements on your tag. Thanks for sharing with the DT at The Cheerful Stamp Pad.