Friday, July 5, 2013

Frida is my Muse Pendant - DB (DT)

 this week is FRIDA KAHLO
The Dilly Bean Challenges now require that you use a Dilly Bean Image on your submission.

 

I used Dilly Bean stamp #340 Frida's sugar skull for this pendant. I colored the image and then scanned it into the computer and removed the background in PSE and pasted it onto a digital paper from Create with TLC. After I printed out the image, I covered it with contact paper (packing tape works also). I then glued it to my repurposed memory game piece with Mod Podge. I attached the image, let it dry and then cut off the excess. I held it up to a light to center the design on the chipboard. I did the same with the backside. The edges are inked with gold sharpie. Use a small hole punch for two holes and then add your jewelry hardware. Easy Peasy!

I  hope you have been inspired to join the fun at Dilly Beans this week. Please check the site for rules and prizes. Also, take a look at the wonderful creations posted by my fellow DT members. They are a very talented group!

I am entering this pendant in the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp & Show - anything goes
Created with Love (10) - #48 for the girls
Whoopsi Daisy - girly
Papertake Weekly - anything goes
Stampotique - #107 recycle
The Crafter's Cafe - #18 anything goes

♥ Wendy

9 comments:

Chris Hanselman said...

Cute project. Love the way you colored the image. Thank you for joining our For the Girls challenge at Create with Love Challenges.

~~Chris

Kay Wallace said...

This is such a clever take on the recycle it! challenge over at Stampotique! What's even more brilliant is that you have a gorgeous piece of jewelry to wear!! Love it, Wendy!

Lady Bug Stampers said...

What a great idea love this. Thanks for sharing with us at Created With Love Challenges.
Linda K. DT

Reflective Art Studio said...

This is so sweet. Woderful Creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.
Sarinda

Sam & Poppy said...

This is super cute Wendy and wonderful recycling!!
Thanks so much for joining in with us at Stampotique this week :)

Borqna said...

Woderful art-creation!
Good luck!

rachel said...

great hanger - fabulous image and design! Thanks for joining us at whoopsi daisy and good luck x

Suzanne C said...

Fun image and the pendant is lovely! Love how you have displayed it as well! Beautiful. Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show.

DonnaMundinger said...

Love this Wendy! How cool and creative! xxD