Friday, August 9, 2013

Smudgefest Day Five - Flowing Friday





Today's Smudgefest Challenge was a messy one. To create my background, I took a piece of water color paper and scribbled on it with watercolor crayons. I then took it outside and spritzed it with water, tipping the paper from side to side to get some runs and smearing going on. Once it was dry, I cut it into a bookmark shape and rubber stamped on it. I used rubber stamps from the Smeared Ink Quoth the Raven set. Once the ink was dry I watered down some red acrylic paint and dripped and dribbled it onto my piece. The raven is cut with my Cricut. The cut file is free from SVG Cuts. I distressed the bookmark with ink around the edges and the Tim Holtz distress tool. The bookmark is embellished with a brad, scrap of fabric (tulle), a key sticker and yarn.

I am entering this bookmark in the following challenges:

Smudgetastic -  flowing Friday
Quoth the Raven - Bingo (fabric+raven+brad)
Paper Crafting Journey - distressed/vintage
C.R.A.F.T - #219 bookmark
Cute Card Thursday - #281 diecut or punch

♥ Wendy

11 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Cool background, Wendy! I have yet to use my watercolor crayons. Love the drips and added elements. xxD

SAMARA said...

spooky creepy wonderful beautiful colorful mysterious...i love it. the watercolor crayons are fantastic!!!!

Evie said...

Gorgeous bookmark. Thank you for joining us at C.R.A.F.T challenge. Hope to see you again for the next challenge.

Evie DT.member

I Don't Do Straight said...

Great background and I love the dripping blood from the heart......FAB! Thanks for sharing with us at Quoth the Raven :)

Laura B said...

Great bookmark! That background is very cool.:)

Krafty Kows said...

Super bookmark. Thank you for joining us at CRAFT this week. Jeanette

ike said...

Fabulous - I love the stark black crow against your gorgeous background. Excellent :-D
Thank you for playing along with us at QUOTH THE RAVEN.:-D

IKE xxx

~Lady B~ said...

Oh! This is fabulous!!! I adore your bookmark! Your background is absolutely gorgeous and I love how the black raven stands out! I could gush about your bookmark all day!

Shelley said...

Love this! It's great how you have made your background, it really helps the raven stand out. Thank you for sharing with us at Quoth the Raven

Borqna said...

BRAVO, Wendy!

blackdragon said...

Wonderful background technique Wendy..... you must love Ravens nearly as much as me!
... thank you so much for joining us at Quoth the raven.... i hope you'll come and check out the new challenge on Thursday.
BDx ( yep the bottom bit is copy/paste :) xxx