Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Steampunk Challenge Card

Steampunk Card
I love working with vintage and steampunk images. I found this great image at The Graphics Fairy. They have wonderful designs that are free for crafters to use. I printed the design on scrapbook paper that reminded me of vintage wallpaper. I attached the design to a 5 x 5 black cardstock card. I used a rubber stamp from Hero Arts to stamp the words "Nothing is Impossible to a Willing Heart" on red paper. I then cut out the words, ransom note style, and added the saying to the card. The card is embellished with blue abaca ribbon, and steampunk embellies from the Tim Holtz collection.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Crafty Bloggers Network - #1 anything goes
ATC's with Attitude - #18 anything goes
Fat Pages with Attitude - #18 anything goes
Chocolate Coffee & Cards - #17 steampunk + metal
My Heart Pieces - use a circle
Vintage Artisans - #2 vintage steampunk
That Craft Place - steampunk
Tuesday Alchemy - #24 very vintage
Creative Card Crew - #15 black card stock
Simon Says Stamp - anything goes

I hope you like my steampunk card. Check out all the DT work and submissions on the above listed sites. You will be happy you took the time to look!

18 comments:

Lin said...

Great card, Wendy! I'm so glad you shared it with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge!

Mynn xx said...

This is FABULOUS!!! LOVE the image and the texture you've added--wonderful card! :)

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so awesome. Fab creation and great for the troublesome men. Thank you so much for joining us Creative Card Crew and good luck.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Mrs O crafty blog said...

Great card Wendy, I love the image, thank you for joining in the challenge at vintage artisans this fortnight, Pauline x

Corrinne said...

Such a CAS creation! Your chosen elements are fantastic, too :) I'm oh, so happy to have you play with us at Tuesday Alchemy!

Want to play more? Join me at {PIN}spirational Challenges http://pinspirationalchallenges.blogspot.com for another fantastic craft challenge!

Lots of joy . .

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

How wonderful, I love this gorgeous image, thank you for joining in with the fat pages with attitude challenge
Lindsay xx

Unknown said...

Wonderful card - love the image! :) Thanks for playing along with Creative Card Crew!

Purple mad Alison said...

Great image, I really like what you've done with it.
Thank you for joining us over on ATCs & Fat Pages With Attitude.
Hugs Alison x x

Unknown said...

Aww so handsome and perfect work.Thank you so much for joining with us at My Heart Pieces Hope to see you again next week dont forget to check back if you are the winner.

Stampalicious said...

this is awesome, great image, thank you for joining our challenge at Chocolate, Coffee and Cards, hugs, martina

Unknown said...

Such an awesome and wonderful card! Love the image and the details!Thank you for joining us over at Tuesday Alchemy Challenge this week! Good Luck! Hugs and sunshine

Katya- Ангел в кедах said...

Wonderful card!

Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Alchemy!
Hugs Katya x

P.S I am having a blog giveaway at my personal blog, you are very welcome to join
http://madewithlovebykatya.blogspot.ie/2012/07/my-blogs-1st-birthday.html

Eileen Ng-Frumkin said...

What an interesting genre of cards you cover--thanks for joining us for a second time this week at Tuesday Alchemy!

Eileen

Trish Latimer said...

Great image Wendy!! love what you've done with it!

Pauline said...

I love the clean construction... it makes that wonderful vintage gent so bold! Thanks for sharing at the My Heart Pieces challenge this week!

Erin said...

This is stunning and beautiful
thank you for joining us at
That craft place
Erin

Anda said...

Love the sentiment - really beautiful project.

Thanks for joining us at That Craft Place ♥

Deanne Saunders said...

Another cool card!Thanks for participating in MY HEART PIECES challenge this week!!