Sunday, October 7, 2012

Rainy Day Blues

Rainy Day Blues Card
I created this card with a digital stamp from Dilly Beans. His name is Martin and I love him. He looks like he could use a hug and some sunshine. I created this card for a "weather" challenge on Stampotique. That was a new theme for me so of course I had to take the challenge. I'm not really happy with my rain drops. They turned out more like rain splots. I used a straw to blow them on but next time I will get messy and use a paint brush to splatter.

I colored Martin with MS Paint and then used some chalks for a little extra color and depth. The card is embellished with google eyes and two daisy flowers that I took apart and painted the color of my rain drops. The flowers are attached with brads.

Along with Stampotique, I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Challenges 4 Everybody - #4 anything goes
The Crafty Bloggers Network - #4 anything goes
Forever Friends - #46 anything goes
Totally Stampalicious - anything goes
Through the Craftroom Door - #38 anything goes
Paper Pretties - #226 flowers
Pixie Dust - anything goes
Delicious Doodles - #5 flowers
Creative Moments - #1 anything goes
Crafty Mess - #19 anything goes
Catch the Bug - anything goes
Sentimental Sunday - #123 anything goes

Please go to these sites and check out the beautiful artwork on display. It will chase away the blues!

~chasing paper whims~wendy

20 comments:

Karin said...

gorgeous card, love the stamp you used!

Gez Butterworth said...

FAB card. Thank you for joining the Stampotique Designers Challenge this week. Gez

Basement Stamper said...

Great image and the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, love the image, thanks for joining us at craftymess.

Unknown said...

Love your card - the image is great!
Thanks for joining us at Challenges 4 Everybody!
Hugs xx Cara xx DT

Cheryl First said...

Haha! That image made me grin! He's cute! Super card
Thanks so much for joining us this week for the Catch the Bug Challenge! Hope to see you again!

((HUGS))
Cheryl First
aka Cafexpressions
DT Member for Bugaboo Stamps

Dutchstamptramp said...

Your card really made me smile! Beautiful Thanks for joining the Stampotique DC

Sam & Poppy said...

Hehehe, made me chuckle. Thanks for sharing with us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge this week.

Sue said...

This is fab, really brought a smile to my face. Thank you for joining us at Stampotique DC Sue x

Unknown said...

really gorjuss, well done on a fantastic make and thank you for joining us at Craftymess challenge blog

Hugs
Judie xx

Unknown said...

This is adorable! I love your coloring. The googly eyes are perfect!

Thank you for joining us at the Stampotique Designers Challenge. Hope to see you again soon!

Jenn
DT

Pink Room Therapy Designs said...

I think this would definitely beat the rainy day blues! Thanks so much for joining us at Catch the Bug this week!

Wattage said...

This is a fab fun image, thanks for joining the challenge at Forever Friends, Lisa (DT) x

Ginger said...

Lovely project, thank you for entering it into the stampotique challenge

Becky G said...

Love your wonderful card creation! So glad you joined us at CTB. Hope to see your work again!

ARTfulWings said...

Hahahah this is just so funny Love it!! - I love Dilly's Beans digi stamps. Thank you for joining in with us over at Stampotique. Polly x

Tameko said...

Such a unique card design. Thanks for sharing with us at Sentimental Sundays!

theboelemas@aol.com said...

This is fab, love his eyes! Thank you for entering the Stampotique Designer's Challenge. Good luck. Claire x

Pinkies Sparkly Creations said...

what a cool image thanks for joining us at creative moments and good luck emma xx

france papillon said...

lolll, this is so cute!
thanks for playing with us at Stampotique :)

xx france