Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Edgar Allan Poe Bookmark/Plant Stick



I created this Edgar Allan Poe bookmark/plant stick from an altered domino and large craft stick. I colored the domino with alcohol ink and then used permanent black ink to stamp on Edgar's face. The stamps used for this piece are:

wings + face - Smeared Ink Quoth the Raven set
             crown - Tim Holtz
The crown and wings were stamped on to design paper. They were laminated to add stability.  The piece is embellished with three golden rhinestones and a scrap of eyelash trim.

I would like to enter this project in the Domino Art Poe Appreciation Day Challenge.

♥ Wendy

6 comments:

valscraftings said...

Love your Poe domino and marker!

ike said...

WoW - now that is a clever idea. Fabulous creation :-)

IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Susan Renshaw said...

Fab idea - may have to pinch this!! I jst happen to have a craft stick on my desk right now! Great make!

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

LOVE IT! Fabulous tributes to Poe today! Thanks for joining my blog hop & sharing your love for Poe

Lyneen said...

Love the bookmark... great idea!!! Thanks for sharing!

Michele said...

very cool wendy! xo