Tuesday, July 14, 2026

Ocean Mermaid - Mixed Media Art


 

I used a large index card as the base for this mixed media piece. The background is created with a page from a damaged book. A stencil and metallic gold paint were used to create the pattern. Acrylic paints and a black crayon were used for additional color and texture. The Frida Mermaid is from Etsy

I would like to enter this junk journal page in the following challenges:

Paper Funday - #89 summer splash

We Love 2 Create - mixed media

Wordart Wednesday - #760 sentiment

Pammie's - #2628 anything goes

Simon Says Monday - fun with paint

♥ Wendy

2 comments:

Barb Finnical said...

Wendy, I love your mermaid image and all of the different elements in the background. Gorgeous colors! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Word Art Wednesday. We appreciate your participation!

Donna Walls said...

She's a lovely mermaid! Thanks for sharing your lovely card at The Paper Funday Challenge, we hope you'll play again soon!
Donna xx
The Paper Funday Challenge
The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
The Inspiration Station Challenge
The Pick 3 Challenge